Sunday, November 25, 2012

Running in T-Town

Since I knew I would be in Topeka for Thanksgiving I looked to see if there were any 5K events I could participate in to help offset the Thanksgiving feast (not to mention my sister's cupcake creations). On Active.com I found The Rescue Run, a 5K event to benefit the Topeka Rescue Mission. Although it was a night event and I prefer morning runs, I signed up.

Here's me crossing the finish line (photo compliments of www.SeeKCrun.com). My only complaint is they started everyone at the same time even though there was a crowd of people so my chip time would have been a little better (maybe by a minute) than what you see on the clock. My official time was 42:17.9 with a pace of 13:38/M. Not spectacular but pretty average for my 5K times.

And this song was playing on Pandora as I finished up and crossed the line - loved that!


The really cool part was that after the 5K was over they had a Christmas Parade.
 And here's me with my sweet little niece Jenna.
*Thanks to hubby for taking the two pictures above.

No comments:

Post a Comment