Saturday, September 1, 2012

September, already?

Where does the time go?
My goal this month is to do a daily blog post (which sometimes will only consist of what I ate and how much I exercised that day).
Today (Saturday) I got up at 4:45am, went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Then back home for a quick bite (pear and almonds), sliced up an apple to eat on the way and headed up to Red Rocks for my Bonza workout.

Got back home around 8:45am, ate a 3 egg white/1 whole egg omelet with salsa and 1/2 avocado, checked email and other such internet stuff, iced my knees then changed clothes to get ready to ride our bikes downtown (I had to do a "half way done" weigh in and nutrition discussion at Bonza Bodies).
Headed to 9 Mile station in the car with bikes on the back and hit the trail around 10:20am. What an awesome ride downtown. Took about 1hr and 10 minutes to make it.
After the 2 hour meeting where we learned more about proper nutrition, stress relief and some good stretching techniques Josh and I had lunch at a Kabob food truck (I had the lamb and beef plate (including 3 tasty dolmas). I gave my pita to a homeless guy (I felt kind of like I was saying "hey homeless person, here's some nutritionally devoid food that I won't put in my body but I'll give you to put in yours" but he appeared appreciative).
Decided that since the way home was mostly uphill and there were some dark clouds forming we would just take the light rail back (and use my free 1 way 3 zone passes I got from the coupon book from the Step Up for Cancer event last month). On the way back I ate my larabar (banana nut bread, yum). Got home, took a shower, iced my knees again (they are not very happy with all the activity) then headed out to Sports Authority so I could use my $9.90 rebate coupon before it expired on Monday. I wanted to get a pair of bike gloves but they didn't have any that I liked so I got a 3 pack of crazy neon socks and some sharkies for my dad. We checked out Target for the bike gloves but no luck there either. Perhaps biking is considered seasonal and it's going out of season? I did see some super cute Alice in Wonderland little girls clothes. I had to restrain myself from buying a bunch for the nieces (the prices were not that great considering the quality).
Next stop, King Soopers for some roasted chicken and salad fixings for dinner. I also had a couple pieces of the dolma samples (must be a dolma kind of day). I talked Josh into getting a pineapple and cutting that up for dessert (love my pineapple). Dinner was a bed of romaine lettuce, 1/2 chicken breast (shredded), the other 1/2 of the avocado, tomato, and a mix of balsamic vinegar with olive oil and cracked pepper. Settled in to watch the season premier of Dr. Who - love that we get BBC America now!

Food:
pear
apple
almonds
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
salsa
1/2 avocado
coffee w/silk almond milk
Lamb/beef at kabob stand
lettuce w/tomato
dolmas (3)
Larabar - Banana nut bread
dolma pieces (2)
chicken breast
tomato
romaine lettuce
balsamic vinegar and olive oil
almonds
1/2 avocado
pineapple

Exercise:
Elliptical at gym = 30 minutes
Bonza Bodies workout at Red Rocks = 60 minutes
Biking downtown (11 miles) = 1 hour 10 minutes

I'm so ready for my massage tomorrow morning.

p.s. I gained 3 lbs but was down in body fat (I didn't catch how much) - I blame it on Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment