Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday 5K

After spending Saturday watching an Indiana Jones movie marathon at my local AMC (all four movies: 10:30am-7:30pm) I thought it would be a good idea to do a 5K race on Sunday morning. It probably would have been better if my meals on Saturday had consisted of more than:
PreBonza bodies workout snack: pear and almond butter
PostBonza bodies workout snack: larabar (banana nut)
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white omelet with green chili
Lunch: almonds and small movie popcorn
Snack: waffle fries at the movies
Dinner: Skinny cow vanilla ice cream sandwich

I arrived at the Panerathon at 7:15am to get my packet, attach my bib and timing chip and stretch out. At 8am we were off! I started the first mile with a nice 12 minute pace and was feeling pretty good. However, after that the energy drained quickly and I finally made it across the finish line with a net time of 42:05 (pace of 13:35). Not great. But I looked up my time for the same race in 2010 and it was a nettime of 46:56 (pace of 15:09). So an improvement! I'll take it. And next time I'll fuel up for it correctly.

Best thing about the Panerathon has got to be the post race grub:


No comments:

Post a Comment